Brooklyn Food Conference
Location: Brooklyn Technical High School, Fort Greene, BK
Cost: Free to enter. Sponsorships available.
The Brooklyn Food Coalition is planning the second Brooklyn Food Conference for May 12, 2012 and we want you to participate in this free community event! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a movement that is connecting, educating and empowering people who care about food justice.
As a donor, you will have the opportunity to promote your company/organization to over 5,000 attendees at the May 12th Conference, taking place at Brooklyn Technical High School in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
Please submit the Sponsorship form online that includes the different giving level opportunities (100% tax-deductible) and corresponding benefits which includes renting a table at the huge expo and advertising your partnership with us.
The 2012 Brooklyn Food Conference will have something for everyone:
▪ workshops and panel discussions on urban agriculture, healthy food access, school food, protecting our farm land from environmental toxins, economic development, food worker equity; and much more!
▪ kids activities;
▪ a youth summit;
▪ a special forum on building a Rural-Urban Food Alliance;
▪ policy roundtable with elected officials;
▪ neighborhood-designated sessions;
▪ an enormous expo of for-profit and non-profit organizations;
▪ lots of fantastic food for sale;
▪ music, films, theater, and visual art!
▪ child care
This is an opportunity to spread the word and take action for a healthy, sustainable food system, and to participate in a one-of-a-kind community event!
The Brooklyn Food Coalition is a grassroots organization dedicated to the vision of a just and sustainable food system in Brooklyn. The Coalition is fundamentally committed to building an inclusive, multi-racial, multi-cultural alliance of residents and community-based groups from all parts of Brooklyn, reflecting the borough’s rich diversity.