4th Annual Build It Green Grow NYC Block Party
Date: Saturday, May 19,2012
Location: Build It Green!’s Astoria Reuse Center, 3-17 26th Avenue, Queens, NY
Cost: Free! Volunteers also needed. More info here.
The 4th Annual Build It Green Grow NYC Block Party & Stop ‘N’ Swap®! RSVP & invite your friends on Facebook!
- GrowNYC’s Stop ‘N’ Swap – Clear out clutter and help reduce NYC’s waste by bringing clean, portable, reusable items to donate to a new ho me, or simply take home items that are useful to you. It’s all free! No furniture/large items, please.
- Electronic-waste recycling with WeRecycle! – Responsibly recycle computers, monitors, printers, scanners, fax machines, peripherals, (keyboards, mice, cables, etc.) televisions, VCRs, DVD players, cell phones, pagers, PDAs, phones, answering machines, game consoles, portable music players, & other personal e-devices.
- Live music featuring Zeke Healy, Mandy Lee, & Tianna Kennedy
- Plus sets by DJ Cool Places Sound System, DJ Dee Redgrave & DJ Tony Lowe
- FREE Face Painting
- Plant Sale to Benefit WQCI
- Compost Tumbler Assembly Demo & Worm Bin Demo by WQCI
- Solar One
- Green Shores
- Two Coves Community Garden
- Chhaya CDC - Homeowners can bring their utility account numbers to sign up for a free/reduced cost energy assessment
- Occupy Wall Street Screenprint Co-op – bring a t-shirt or bag to print on!
- PLUS: Both Build It Green!NYC Reuse Centers will be open for shopping and donating during the Block Party & Stop ‘N’ Swap (10am-5pm in both Astoria and Gowanus).
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Volunteers are needed to help set-up and break down the event, including moving tables and chairs, an hour before the event, and an hour afterwards. Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Volunteer for NYC Block Party Stop N Swap” if you’re interested.
And be sure to stick around for the BIG!NYC & We Heart Astoria After-Party (3:00-5:00pm)!