Tanembaum Center Benefit (Volunteers Needed)
Date: May 21th, 2012
Location: Mandarin Oriental Hotel, NYC
Cost: Free! Volunteers are needed. RSVP info below.
The mission of A Caring Hand is to meet bereaved children and families wherever they are in their grief and fulfill their needs in a caring and knowledgeable environment through services to help them In ways that couldn’t have been predicted even a decade ago, religion is squarely at the forefront of domestic and global issues, presidential policies, international security, health care and civil wars. Religion has long been seen as a divisive social force. But different need not mean hated. People of all beliefs, from the most religiously devout to the most committed atheist, can live, learn and work peacefully together. Not just in a wary truce, but in a spirit of true respect. Every day, Tanenbaum creates the tools that turn this vision into a reality. Tanenbaum confronts religious ignorance and violence head-on with results-oriented programs that reduce hatred and produce real change in the way people think and act.
They are currently looking for volunteers to help with their Benefit.
If interested please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with;
- Name and Date of Event you are interested in Volunteering for (thats this one!)
- Shift time you are available:
- Set Up: Will receive all of the packages, which arrive on the loading dock and help to distribute them as instructed. Help unpack, sort and set up all supplies.
- Registration: Will be assisting in the set up of the registration area. Finishing touches to be completed 30 minutes prior to guest arrival. This includes hanging and placing signage, props and promotional material and setting up computers/credentials. As guest arrive greet them with a smile, ask for their name and check them in alphabetically by last name. Provide everyone with his/her table card.
- Dining: Maintain the overall guest experience in the dining room, including assisting with seating, live auction, and guest management.
- Silent Auction: Assist with set up of the silent auction items and descriptions for display. Assist guest as they place bids on items. Facilitate checkout and payment. At close of the auction, set up silent auction checkout area and prepare auction items in bags to be given to the winners. Thank guest for coming and distribute bags to winners as guest leave.
- Production: Assist with the award ceremony and other audio/video aspects of the program.