Location: Governors Island, NYC
Cost: $35 for one beer and unlimited tastings
This year’s 5 Boro PicNYC will include many great features:
- A wide selection of craft beer styles, exclusively featuring Sixpoint craft ales: Sweet Action, Resin, Sehr Crisp Pils, Righteous Rye, Bengali Tiger, Brownstone Brown Ale, and additional special brews TBA;
- Hot Sauce & Blues with area Blues Bands assembled by music industry insider Steve Seabury, who also will curate a hot sauce tasting featuring his own High River Sauces, NY Hot Sauce, Sol Sauce, and others TBA;
- a Grilled Cheese Cook-Off with 10+ competing chefs—including Corey Cova of Earl’s Beer and Cheese and Tom Cat Bakery—sponsored by Jarlsberg Cheese;
- Slow Food NYC Taco Challenge with tortillas provided by Tortilleria Nixtamal;
- More than 20 food stations including offering from Jimmy’s No. 43, East Village Meat Market, and Lucky 777 Chili, among others;
- Family-friendly features, including free ferry rides between Governors Island and Manhattan or Brooklyn, free kid’s admission with paying adult, Ice Cream by Van Leuwen, and other family-oriented fare TBA.
This year’s community/charitable partners for 5 Boro PicNYC include Slow Food NYC, Earth Matter, Kingsboro Community College, and Teen Battle Chef. $35 tickets go on sale Tuesday, April 24th, and include one beer ticket and unlimited samplings from 11:30-2 p.m. (additional beer tickets are $20 for four beers and will be available on site). Additional food may be purchased until closing. 5 Boro PicNYC runs May 26th and 27th from 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Get your tickets here!